iPhone Ringtones

Reaction score
So far i've learnt theres alot of effort involved when it comes to making ringtones for the iphone that wont get deleted like the effect of the new itunes updated with itoner and other various companies. But i'm finding now that i can bothered to make the ringtones using the convert m4a to m4r technique that even though itunes is saying their are no ringtones in my iphone ringtones folder, their actually is. If you know anyway ways in which i can remove these ringtones from my iphone, please post.

J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Best way to remove those ringtones would be to use SSH, go to the folder where the ringtones are, and then remove them. This, of course, requires you to jailbreak your phone.

OP
J
Reaction score
Best way to remove those ringtones would be to use SSH, go to the folder where the ringtones are, and then remove them. This, of course, requires you to jailbreak your phone.

I guess the word jailbreak is a daunting word for me cause it means i have to do something that may ruin my current unlock and functioning of my phone, unless jailbreak doesn't effect the running of the phone...

J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you've unlocked it, then I'm thinking it's already jailbroken. Do you have Installer.app on your phone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
For future reference, don't mess with 3rd party hacks. Just make your ringtones using Garageband and then send it to iTunes as a ringtone from the Share menu. It couldn't be easier and works 100% because it's made to work that way by Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I agree with the Garageband technique, but also note that only works on firmware 1.1.2 and higher. A lot of unlocked iPhones are running 1.1.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Ghz Macbook Pro, 4GB Ram, 250 GB HD
For future reference, don't mess with 3rd party hacks. Just make your ringtones using Garageband and then send it to iTunes as a ringtone from the Share menu. It couldn't be easier and works 100% because it's made to work that way by Apple.

Does this only work in 08? I have GarageBand 06 and don't see the "as a ringtone" option.

OP
J
Reaction score
If you've unlocked it, then I'm thinking it's already jailbroken. Do you have Installer.app on your phone?

yeah i already got the installer application on the main screen, what im trying to work out is how to view all my files on my iphone so i can remove the ring tones that are not supposed to be their..

I've watched people view the files through windows, but i use mac so im still trying to find a graphical interface that displays all the files easily for removal...

j

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS
Does this only work in 08? I have GarageBand 06 and don't see the "as a ringtone" option.
You can drag your music files in the window of garageband, cut the portion you want and then ....(Someone else help me out because i have never been past this point.)
Update.
1. Drag your song to the main window.
2. Highlight what you want to click and then goto edit and click clip at playhead(Interface is just like iMovie with doing simple operations).Or you can highlight what part you do not want and then cut. There will be a slider bar above your compilation atop of your choice. Stretch it to the length of your file.If not then your ringtone will only be 5 seconds.
3. Click on the Share tab at the top of the main program.
4. Click to send ringtone to iTunes(It will do the rest for you and then it will open itunes and play the track. Then the rest is simple.
Also you can choose to fade the track and all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Ghz Macbook Pro, 4GB Ram, 250 GB HD
You can drag your music files in the window of garageband, cut the portion you want and then ....(Someone else help me out because i have never been past this point.)
Update.
1. Drag your song to the main window.
2. Highlight what you want to click and then goto edit and click clip at playhead(Interface is just like iMovie with doing simple operations).Or you can highlight what part you do not want and then cut. There will be a slider bar above your compilation atop of your choice. Stretch it to the length of your file.If not then your ringtone will only be 5 seconds.
3. Click on the Share tab at the top of the main program.
4. Click to send ringtone to iTunes(It will do the rest for you and then it will open itunes and play the track. Then the rest is simple.
Also you can choose to fade the track and all.

Right. I have figured out how to do all of that. When I run into a problem is this, it sends the song to iTunes, but as a song in my library. I can't figure out how to get it to send as a ringtone in GB06. I tried moving it and changing the file name but none of that worked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.