Trackman Wheel Wouldn't Scroll :(

Reaction score
hi,

i'm a couple of hours new to mac (just got a MBP 2.4GHz running on Leopard OS X) and would otherwise be happy getting used to the switch if not for the fact that my logitech trackman wheel can't seem to scroll at all. i've tried it on a pc and it to work beautifully.

troubleshooting with Logitech Control Center, USB Overdrive, etc only seems to make things worse because they effectively disable my middle button as well.

anyone with a trackman or has ever experienced this phenomenon able to help?

yours,
mark

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Is there any way you can post a picture of your mouse? I get confused to no end by the names Logitech uses. I have 2 Trackman Marble Wheel's and both work fine under Leopard or Tiger. Wheel scrolls. Center button works.

OP
S
Reaction score
trackman.jpg

>>>dtravis7, there you go!

can i check if you just plug-and-played both your trackmans?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Plug and Play on my one system for sure. I think a long time back I messed with one of the drivers from Logitech but right now it all works stock out of the box with 10.5.2 Leopard on my 1.8Ghz G4 Power Mac.

By the way I have the slightly older version of that very Logitech.

OP
S
Reaction score
well, thanks for that anyway, travis.

after much forum searching and troubleshooting, nothing seems to work--and i seem to be the only person who is experiencing such a weird problem. think i might get another trackman and see how that goes.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well, thanks for that anyway, travis.

after much forum searching and troubleshooting, nothing seems to work--and i seem to be the only person who is experiencing such a weird problem. think i might get another trackman and see how that goes.

Let us know what ends up happening. I love that Trackman. Have 2 of them. Did it do this when you first got the MBP before you messed with other drivers?

The only time I had issues with the center button not doing what I wanted was with OSX 10.2 Jaguar and the Logitech driver took care of that.

M

MacHeadCase

Did you make sure you have the latest version of the Logitech driver ? I saw Logitech update in rapid succession their drivers for OS X Leopard recently.

Also maybe you could give SteerMouse a whirl. You might have to get rid of USB Overdrive first though.

A wild guess here... Do you have a lot of USB peripherals ? I'm asking because about 6 months ago, I found out a USB 2.0 hub was creating a conflict with my Apple Alu keyboard.

OP
S
Reaction score
>>> HeadCase, from logitech's website, i gathered that the latest driver comes bundled in their Logitech Control Center. i downloaded the latest one only to realise that it more than impended on m trackman--not only did the scroll not work, but it limited my middle button's function on Opera. (i've yet to test the middle button on my architecture programmes, but we'll see in time...)

and no, the only USB peripheral i have attached is the trackman. haha... like i said, i was a mere hour new to my macbook, so the only thing i plugged into it was the trackman.

until i find another trackman (because i <3 it so much), i'm getting used to scrolling with the trackpad :)

tks for the response, everyone!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.