Can't Log In

Reaction score
Here's everythin that happened. Everytime I tried to install a program, it would asl for the administrator password and I didn't know it. So finally I read online how to reset it by getting the install disc and going to Utilities, reset password and all that. So I did that and changed y password. Then I restarted the computer and it took me to the login screen and the password that I changed it to doesn't work! Now not only can I not nstall programs, I can't do anything. I'm stuck at the login screen and everytime i put in the password, the box just vibrates. Please tell me what to do, I want to use my computer!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 2.16ghz, 2gb, 256MB
um, your best bet is to remember your old password. You could re-install OSX BUT YOU WILL LOOSE ALL THE INFORMATION ON YOUR HARD DRIVE FOREVER and it will not be recoverabale. if you didn't encrypt your HD then I think there are ways to get the info off if it but I think its very techincal and I don't know how. The only other thing I can think of is if you can put your OS CD in and run sum utility but im just speculating I doubt that would help. I would google search a more technical website unless someone here knows alot more about this than I do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.