HP PSC 1315xi and Leopard

Reaction score
Firstly, this is my first Mac... so I'm not great at troubleshooting things yet. So go easy on me!

I'm trying to connect my new macbook to an HP PSC 1315xi that is connected to my Windows desktop. The printer is accessible... and can be printed to from our numerous other laptops.

According to HP ( http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=374572&os=219&lang=en ) there are no extra drivers necessary... Leopard should come with everything. It does say that the HP drivers are optional... and can be installed from the Leopard DVD. I have indeed stuck in the Leopard install DVD and gone through the steps of installing the optional HP drivers (almost 800MB worth!).

The problem is that no driver for the psc 1315xi shows up when I select the networked printer in the Printer/Fax Preferences. There are other PSC's (900's and 2000's) but none even in the 1000's.

So, even though I'm sure most of you don't have this printer... can you load up the Printer/Fax dialog and look to see if you have a driver for an HP PSC 1315xi?

Also... any general advice in this area?

Thanks for any help!

Friedmud

OP
F
Reaction score
No one?

I finally just hooked the printer up to the MacBook... the printer was recognized immediately and I was able to print to it successfully.

So it appears that the problem really only has to do with trying to print through a Windows computer.

Any advice?

Friedmud

Reaction score
If it's any help, I have just upgraded to Leopard, and had a similar problem with my HP C5180 All-In-One printer.
I couldn't scan and the printer conection kept failing (I have it via my network).
There are updated drivers for OS 10.5 on the HP support website which I downloaded and everything is now working again.
Hope this helps

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.