application window...

Reaction score
Hi, i have a macbook pro 17" and this only started happening yesterday. I went to turn on my macbook pro and when i log in and everything loads, the application folder in finder has popped up and is displaying my applications.

I know this isn't a major problem, but its just that it never used to do this. it just used to start up with nothing opening. I restarted it to check and it still does it. I dont even leave any windows open when i shut down. the window just opens when i turn my macbook on.

anyone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
start up

close application window

log out

fixed?

restart

fixed?

OP
P
Reaction score
tried both already. still happening. its driving me crazy! theres no reason why it should still be opening on startup.

I even tried removing the applications folder from the sidebar in finder and tried restarting. when it restarts, it opens up the finder and is opened on applications in the Macintosh HD area!

anyone else have any suggestions please?

OP
P
Reaction score
just figured it out. applications was listed under my login items in my account. though how it got there i dunno. just removed it and its fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.