Starcraft and Leopard?

Reaction score
I am a huge fan of starcraft and I was wondering if it will work on the new leopard operating system. I have gotten it to work natively before on Tiger (I think thats the previous one) but I have heard horror stories about this game and leopard. I was wondering if anyone has any experience or insight into the matter. Any help would be awesome.

thanks

Reaction score
i have the same problem with leopard too but with diablo 2. something with the graphics and processor. i believe its because of the different types of processor. the older power books work fine with them. i have a new macbook pro with leopard and have no idea yet how to fix it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.4GHz Core2Duo, 4GB RAM, 200GB 7200 RPM, OS 10.5
Hmm, I've played Starcraft on my new MBP with OS 10.5 (came with that version) and didn't have any problems, I think. The only tricky part was downloading the special installer from Blizzard.

Reaction score
I have a new MBP that I bought when they were updated 2 weeks ago. It had Leopard 10.5.2 and I am having issues with getting SC to run. I installed it with the OSX native installer and it went fine. Afterward I installed the latest patches. Not a problem. When go to run the game it opens the startup options window and this is where the problem is. I've tried all the combinations and nothing get it going. Once I pick an option and click ok the icon leaves the dock (like if it were closed). Nothing happens...no error.

Anyone have any solutions?

Reaction score
I have a new MBP that I bought when they were updated 2 weeks ago. It had Leopard 10.5.2 and I am having issues with getting SC to run. I installed it with the OSX native installer and it went fine. Afterward I installed the latest patches. Not a problem. When go to run the game it opens the startup options window and this is where the problem is. I've tried all the combinations and nothing get it going. Once I pick an option and click ok the icon leaves the dock (like if it were closed). Nothing happens...no error.

Anyone have any solutions?

Did you ever get it working? I have the same issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.4GHz Core2Duo, 4GB RAM, 200GB 7200 RPM, OS 10.5
I might be wrong, but I think you have to have the StarCraft CD in the drive when you install it, even though you're using the special OS X installer. Did you do this, too?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
This will definitely give me nightmares if this is true for most MBPs! Ahhh... SC is my main game I play!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Well it worked just fine for me on 10.5.2. All you need is the discs + the OS X installer from Blizzard. Once installed download the latest update patch from blizzard too. As it allows the game played with no cd in the drive. Though you'll have to basicly copy both cd's content to your hard drive. But well worth it for me.

And have you checked your console log to see if it says anything about this crash.

T

tux08902

What is the word on this? I'm having this issue as well. I contacted Blizzard through e-mail, and the gave me a series of steps, but those didn't help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver
Still no luck for me. I have been starcraft free for a while now :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.