Link G5 to audio phono

Reaction score
Hi All

I was hoping someone may be able to help.Id like to connect my G5 to my Cambridge Audio amp.
I have the apple standard Ipod lead that i can use over a short distance
but ive recently had to re arrange my layout.My G5 is now about 50 feet
from the amp.Does anyone know if there are companies making up leads for this?I was hoping it was just a case of linking to speaker cable,but after checking it seems its not that simple. as the Ipod link has more wiring than basic speaker cable.

Grateful for any help.

Regards

Peter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I also have a Cambridge Audio amp

I just use a 3,5mm headphone jack to 2 Phono cable, you may need a longer cable, maybe maplins (UK) can supply the phono extension plugs and enough audio wire so that you can make a quality extension cable - ask them - I assume you are in the UK - otherwise RadioShack

there may also be a wireless solution - but ask the audio guts at the store

OP
P
Reaction score
I also have a Cambridge Audio amp

I just use a 3,5mm headphone jack to 2 Phono cable, you may need a longer cable, maybe maplins (UK) can supply the phono extension plugs and enough audio wire so that you can make a quality extension cable - ask them - I assume you are in the UK - otherwise RadioShack

there may also be a wireless solution - but ask the audio guts at the store

Thank you Louishen

I will take your advice..

Cheers

pete

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.