Parallels Desktop help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2019 16" 2.4 i9 32GB 2TB SSD AMD 5500 8GB
Hello,

My machine specs are over at left (still on Tiger). I've got the latest edition of Parallels desktop running Vista Ultimate. There is strange error in the Parallels that no one seems to be able to solve. I brought it to the Genius Bar and they couldn't even figure this one out.

2 of my keyboard keys are switched. When I press @ I get " and when I press " I get @. This ONLY happens in Parallels. The Mac side is 100% correct.

I was running ver. 5060 (purchased computer used with software pre-installed... I don't have any of the Windows software CD's) and Parallels kept prompting me to upgrade to 5582. I thought it would be free to upgrade, but now it wants a key to activate. I had a key, but it doesn't work any more. I've got it running on trial mode right now. Once the trial expires, will it revert back to 5060? Why won't it accept my old 5060 key?

Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
I suspect it might be an interaction with a US keyboard on your MBP and UK one with Parallels?

My Macbook is the same.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yours does the same thing? Why hasn't this issue been fixed?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You were right!!! I just fixed it. I remembered seeing that it was set to UK mode somewhere, so I went into the control panel (in Vista) and found the section named keyboard settings. Sure as could be, someone had selected "UK English keyboard". Changed it to "US English keyboard" and bingo it works!!!

Never mind, figured out the answer to question 2. All is solved here.

Reaction score
Funny problem... :)
But I think It couldn't be a real problem for you even if you hadn't solve it by now.. Could it? Just 2 buttons. ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.