shared section in sidebar not behaving as expected

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB @5200 rpm Hard Drive, OS X 10.5
I upgraded to 10.5 at my house, and as soon as I started up after installation, I could see the windows desktop as a shared computer in my sidebar via my wireless connection (the desktop is wireless too). I am now at my girlfriend's house, and I cannot see her shared folder. I even tried setting up a small home network to make sure that file sharing was on on her laptop.

Any help getting this sorted out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Does your girlfriend have a Windows laptop or a Mac? If its the former, you'll need to add both computers to the same workgroup.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB @5200 rpm Hard Drive, OS X 10.5
Does your girlfriend have a Windows laptop or a Mac? If its the former, you'll need to add both computers to the same workgroup.

Yeah, she has a windows laptop. I did not have to do any of that with the desktop upstaris (it is also connected to my router wirelessly if that matters), it just showed up. i had not tried to network the two in tiger, so there was no prior network configuration. So how might i go about adding myself to the workgroup?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.