Amazed!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/4grm/200ghd/256mvideo
I have always been a PC guy..both my girls have IBM lenova Desktops, my wife a XPS dell and I had the same....I recently gave my xps dell laptop to my dad to replace his older HP notebook and decided that since I've always be very curious about MACs but never really had the guts to venture into something I had no knowledge on. So after a few weeks of visiting the applestore (pretty much know everyone there now! LOL)...I jumped on the new MBP 2.4 and upgraded to 4gig....

I can't believe the ease of my new MBP.....I often wonder who's inside of this fabulous technology. I've only had mine for about 2 weeks BUT have spend more time surfing and playing around the many programs that came with it rather then trying to configure the system....this coming from a guy who knows the ins and out of windows and the very very old DOS OS....

A bit late on jumping on the Mac thing! but glad to be aboard! I will eventually get rid of my other home base PC's when their time runs out in 3-5 years and get either macbooks or imacs for the kids and wife....my wife is already wanting to use my MBP....I DON"T THINK SO!.....lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Congrats and enjoy!! :D

Oh, and please do share with your wife ;)

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Congrats and enjoy!! :D

Oh, and please do share with your wife ;)

LOL...thanks....I will get her a macbook for her birthday....which is next February...LOL....he has one of the top XPS Dell laptop and all she does with it is surf and email her friends..actually all she needs is a IBM XT! LOL....some of you might not even know what an XT was like!....or even a 486....I'll share with her!....she'll sneak on it when I'm not home for sure....

Reaction score
Once you've used a mac you have got to wonder why PC's are so popular when macs are so much better in every way.

M

MacHeadCase

Congratulations on your new MBP, klcc88 ! And welcome to Mac-Forums and to the Mac platform. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
^^ How'd you get to 10k posts! A belated congrats!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
A few of us old time DOS / Win guys around here. It's a great forum.

Be careful, you don't get the bug.

The last year has cost me plenty after I got my MBP. :$

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
Hello,

Congratulations on your purchase. Your post reminded me of my transition from PC to Mac. I spent pretty much the first year of having it being amazed, and I mean amazed.

I really appreciate the time a Mac computer has given back to me. I never knew what it was like to turn on a computer, work, and then shut it down without any hassle.

The other day I was ripping from a DVD which was converting to Mpeg4 clips. rendering in iSquint making low res ipod movies, rendering from Quicktime making DV PAL movies and also batch rendering in Flash Video converter. And it all worked! I had time to go and watch a movie while to worked for me!

Now that is quality right there. And might I remind everyone this is on a stock first gen Mac-Book Pro with the only modification being some extra ram to bring it up to the maximum 2Gb.

Anyway, sorry to go off track there, I just wanted to say how I am still getting excitement from working on my Mac.

The only time I looked back to PC was when a distant friend came by with his new PC laptop with Vista on it. He had a virus and asked me to look at it as I used to build and maintain PC's. I said sure, thinking from a slowly fading past that a few programs I used to use would solve it. Turns out all my knowledge had flown out the window, and I just handed it back to him and said "here...and not to be patronizing, but seriously think about selling that and getting a Mac" After I explained the lack of virus's on a mac, and the fact I didn't realize to that point I had zero infections for over 2 years now, the guy still didn't believe me.

Anyway, off topic again.

Good purchase, glad you love it and welcome to the forums!

Mel

Reaction score
Agreed - once you go Mac, you never go back! And I am an old PC/DOS hand from WAAAAY back myself. Speaking of wives, for some reason my wife still prefers Windows to OS X so I had to install XP on her MBP via Fusion ... I can't figure out why but that's the fact. I guess it really is true that men and women are from different planets!!! :)

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 core 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2.3TB HD; MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD
....some of you might not even know what an XT was like!....or even a 486....

8088 baby! 10MB HD! 4.77MHz of blazing green screen goodness. The XT was a great machine.

I actually have an original IBM PC sitting in my office closet, bought brand new in 1981. My father-in-law worked for IBM at the time and got it through the IBM employee discount. Ah... memories.

I recently purchased my first Mac too and I've been a Windows / DOS / PC developer forever. There are more of us here than you may realize.

Congrats on your new machine! Welcome!

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8086! LOL...Had one of those at one point...I started out with a sinclair 1000....not many will know that! lol....man are we dating ourselves!

Reaction score
A few of us old time DOS / Win guys around here. It's a great forum.

Be careful, you don't get the bug.

The last year has cost me plenty after I got my MBP. :$
Isn't that the truth! I started with a MBP last July then over the weekend I added a iMac. In between was the iPhone, Airport Extreme and an iPod Classic. Someone please hide my money from me. :eek:

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Isn't that the truth! I started with a MBP last July then over the weekend I added a iMac. In between was the iPhone, Airport Extreme and an iPod Classic. Someone please hide my money from me. :eek:

LOL...I've already have 2 Ipods (Wife and one for the main unit for the Bose system).....and now I'm just waiting for a $200 gift cert from Futureshop in canada ie..bestbuy so I can pick up a 32gig Itouch...iphone is not yet available officially and besides I use a company blackberry so don't need the phone feature....I'm on my way to spending lots like you guys....**** bug!...not good for the wallet or in my case credit cards! lol

Reaction score
What should I say? I bought my first Mac (MBP) on Friday! I love it!! And I used Computers from 286 on too. It is just the little things which make the use of this machine so nice, booting in not even half a minute, really loud and nice speakers, a fantastic screen.

Again, I just love it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
my wife is already wanting to use my MBP....I DON"T THINK SO!.....lol
You're missing a great opportunity. Get her hooked on it and you could easily get her support in replacing those PC sooner!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.