iPod Touch....Any good?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/4grm/200ghd/256mvideo
What's my best buy?

I've got my MBP so don't need any laptop. I'm looking for a portable device and already have a 160gig classic ipod, a 20gig U2 Ipod. I live in Canada and they don't have an iphone yet! and I have a company Blackberry pearl so don't need the phone of a iphone........so I was thinking of a itouch 32gig.....the only concern I have is I wonder how many places have wifi hotspots in major centers ie..shopping centers? since I spend a lot of time waiting for my wife and kids so instead of sleeping in the car I can go and in and play on the itouch and check emails and browse.

Comments are appreciated on folks who have the itouch and what they have experience and if they are what they thought they were when they bought it....

Thanks

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
forgot to mentioned that I have a $250 GC for Futureshop and Canada only has the itouch as the iphone as yet to arrive officially in Canada...as mentioned about I don't need the phone as i already have a bberry from work...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You have a 160GB iPod and a Blackberry, maybe you should be asking yourself whether you really need a touch. Mainly because free Wi-Fi hotspots aren't really that ubiquitous, most require you to pay either a per use fee or have some sort of subscription. So without that one major drawing factor, the only reason I see for you getting a touch is simply because you want one. Not saying that's a bad thing, but in that case, you really don't need anybody here to justify your desire.

Reaction score
It seems like you're just looking for a reason to get some new ipod-related device. It doesn't sound like you need anything else...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
I really like my 32GB Ipod Touch. I am hoping they will get games for it soon since 499.00 is allot to pay for something that you can't legally add stuff to. Over all I like it. I have the 80GB iPod classic and seem to use that more as they have games for it. I have a feeling apple will get games for the touch sooner or later. It would brind allot of money for them if they did.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah....sometimes it's not really a need but more of a want.....:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
I am a tech gadget nut so I like to try the new gadgets out when I can. Eventually I either keep them or sell them or give them to my kids.

Reaction score
with a 160g iPod and a Pearl, the IPT isn't going to do a thing for you. I find I don't use the wifi features of mine very often because of the lack of truly freely accessible hotspots (I guess I don't get to hang around in coffee shops enough).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It would actually be really useful on college campuses or workplaces with Wi-Fi networks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.16 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 120Gb hard drive, 2Gb ram
It would actually be really useful on college campuses or workplaces with Wi-Fi networks.

Yep I use mine at school all the time! Not all the buildings have wi-fi but most of them do....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.