Safari Status Bar Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
After using Safari for a few minutes (it doesn't do it when "cold" per se), the status bar doesn't go away even after the page has loaded.

As you can see in the screenshot, the tab no longer shows the page is loading, but the progress par is still stuck. If I quit Safari and reopen it, it's fine in the first few minutes of operation, but then it starts doing this again.

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Do you have any 3rd-party add-ons for Safari? Pith Helmet, Saft, various plug-ins like Flash, and so on?

I've found some ad-blockers in particular can cause that problem. It's not that the page has actually completely loading, it's just having trouble loading all the page's components but otherwise you see the bulk of the page and it "seems" complete. If you don't already, turn on the "Status Bar" from the menu and you can see if this is what's happening. Down at the bottom of the page, you'll see a count of how many components have successfully loaded out of how many are to be loaded.

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
I have no 3rd-party software except for a Flash player of some sort.

I do have the bar at the bottom enabled, and it shows that it's done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Ok. Make sure you do have the latest version of Flash installed. If you don't, update it. If you do, or if the update doesn't help, then make a new user on your computer, log into that user, and see if you have the same trouble.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.