• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iDVD ejects incomplete DVD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
This is really bad - I have to burn 8 to be delivered in 10 hours from typing this post.

The disc pops out but instead of saying 'Your disc has been created - if you wish to create another insert another blank disc' I have what you see below.

It's just a 12 minute movie with no extras or slideshows, not even a scene selection - this should be an easy burn.

Please help me.

idvd.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
This is really bad - I have to burn 8 to be delivered in 10 hours from typing this post.
Clearly I missed your time frame, but for future reference this may be helpful.

I would try saving as a disc image or Video_TS folder. A disc image is the easiest because you can use Apple's Disk Utility to copy it to a real DVD. The Video_TS folder may required something like Toast to do a proper job, which is what I use. In fact I had to do that last week as creating a disc image was failing for some reason.

I normally create a disk image first and then copy it to a real DVD. The reason is that the process of encoding the assets is time consuming and I don't want to create a coaster. I can also perform one last test using DVD Player. This avoids any interaction with the DVD writing process until I'm sure the image is even creatable from iDVD.

Here is the menu selection:

iDVD Burn Options.png

OP
cameronryan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
^ Thanks - I recently got Toast Titanium 08 and it seems to come in handy for more than copying discs, i'll look into it.

My job turned out ok in the end but for some reason it didn't like the blank discs I was using but when I used the cheaper ones I am used to it was fine.

I thought getting the most expensive blank DVD would be give me the best quality for a master but I think my MBP is just fussy and doesn't like change!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.