MBP Boot Camp ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4 Ghz, 4 gb, 500g, Lion; iPhone 4, 16gb; iPad 2 32gb, WiFi; iPhone 4s, 32gb
Since upgrading my Boot Camp Vista drivers to the new Leopard ones I've been having some issues with the power management and display. (The display won't go to sleep, the MBP runs hotter, the fans are louder, etc.)Since everything was working fine when I was using the Tiger drivers, I thought I might be able to fix the problems by switching back to the older drivers.

Question for those that know: Would that be as simple as just putting the Tiger driver CD I made when I first set up Boot Camp in the Superdrive when I restart Vista.....would the Tiger CD over-write the Leopard ones?

(When I got my MBP it came with Tiger and I then upgraded to Leopard and upgraded the Boot Camp drivers using the Leopard disk)

Thanks

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4 Ghz, 4 gb, 500g, Lion; iPhone 4, 16gb; iPad 2 32gb, WiFi; iPhone 4s, 32gb
FWIW, I tried over-writing the Leopard drivers with the Tiger ones and it didn't work....just got an error message.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I actually had the exact same problems you are having when i first put Vista on too, i was having problems with my external display only being able to read 1024x768 instead of its full native resolution, and my network wasn't working. I followed the same steps you did, and the only way i figured out that i could use Windows at all on this machine, was if i put XP on it. Sorry if i couldn't be of much help with Vista, but i don't think the compatibility is very good with the MBPs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.