zip files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Unzip it! A double click will do just that.

OP
D
Reaction score
i tried that and it sometimes says it dosnt have the program to play it / cant find the right application

Reaction score
There's not a lot to go on here, but I'm gonna assume that it's unzipping fine. Once it unzips, what kind of file is there? If you haven't already, and it sounds like you haven't, I would download Perian. It lets you play a whole bunch of additional file types in quicktime, like avi and divx. And it's free.

http://perian.org/#download

Reaction score
No, you will still need to unzip the file. The ability to unzip a file is built into the mac os, so it should just unzip on it's own when you double-click it.

If you think you Mac isn't unzipping the file, I have this other program called the Unarchiver. It has support for decompressing other common file formats like RAR and a whole bunch of others.

http://wakaba.c3.cx/s/apps/unarchiver.html

If that doesn't work, maybe you could try to explain in more detail what you're doing so we can see where the problem is.

Reaction score
Right-click the zip file, select Open With and select BOMArchiveHelper.
This is what should run when you double click it.
Note: this will not work on passworded files.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
When you double click to unzip, the unzipped file will appear next to the zipped file. If OS X tries to run the file it's just unzipped, but it's an incompatible file, it will grumble.

Please give us an example of a file which doesn't work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.