Benchmarking

Reaction score
Does anyone use Xbench to monitor their systems performance? I used it when I first got my MBP - initially getting 109.54, I then ran it a couple of days later and got 115.15, followed by a couple of months later (108.08) and today (105.98). The items that seems to be getting worse are the CPU and thread tests, the disk test has stayed pretty constant, and the memory test score is actually getting better!

Should I be worried that my CPU performance has gone down by about 10% in less than 6 months?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's

In my opinion xBench is better as a random number generator than it is as a system diagnostics tool.

If YOU have noticed a slowdown in performance.. Use Onyx to do some system cleaning and optimizing.

OP
T
Reaction score
In my opinion xBench is better as a random number generator than it is as a system diagnostics tool.

If YOU have noticed a slowdown in performance.. Use Onyx to do some system cleaning and optimizing.
I have recently started using Onyx.

I use VMWare Fusion quite a bit, which bumps processor usage (and therefore processor temp) up quite a bit, I guess I'm concerned with damaging my processors through excessive use as paranoid as that sounds!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.