Problems with HP photosmart c7280

Reaction score
I just bought that printer today. Installed the files on the cd, set up the printer and all of that, however, when i attempt to print wirelessly, i get this error message:

/System/Library/Printers/Libraries/PrintJobMgr/Contents/MacOS/PrintJobMgr failed

Anyone know what that means and what i should do?

(im using a macbook, attempting the wireless printer capability)

M

MacHeadCase

Yeah I'm with EORI. It's obviously PowerPC-only code which means it would have to run under Rosetta, the translation tool.

And Mac OS usually stands for OS 9 and/or the Classic environment which cannot be installed at all on the new Intel-based Macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, @ GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM,Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 2.1
I just bought that printer today. Installed the files on the cd, set up the printer and all of that, however, when i attempt to print wirelessly, i get this error message:

/System/Library/Printers/Libraries/PrintJobMgr/Contents/MacOS/PrintJobMgr failed

Anyone know what that means and what i should do?

(im using a macbook, attempting the wireless printer capability)
Yes unfortunately for you and me friend I know exactly what it means, IF YOU ARE USING MAC OS X 10.5.6, IF NOT, DISREGARD WHAT I AM ABOUT TO TELL YOU. ANy OS's prior to that are a different story. I just hung up the phone within the last 20 minutes with HP regarding more problems with my C7280 All-in-one, and my brand new iMac, and my 15in, 2.4 GHz, Intel MacBook Pro, both running 10.5.6. THERE IS NO UPDATE FROM HP THAT IS COMPATIBLE AT THIS TIME FOR 10.5.6, AND ETA EITHER, DO NOT RE-INSTALL the printer PERMISSIONS ERRORS WILL GET WORSE OVER TIME, AND WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT USE THE CD THAT CAME WITH IT IF YOU HAVE UPGRADED TO 10.5.6 PRIOR TO INSTALLING PRINTER" I WAS STUNNED AND HARSHLY REMINDED THEM THAT THEIR SOFTWARE AND DRIVER SUPPORT DOWNLOAD PAGE SAYS NOTHING OF THIS NOT TO MENTION THE APPLE STORE HAS THE HP Photosmart series plastered all over the front of it's on line store printer section. But that is the exact quote from their mouth to your ear. I asked them if they planned on notifying anyone of this minor problem, and that the last time there was a problem this small Noah had to build a boat, but it went in one ear and out the other. PS - the uninstall tool doesn't work so well either, if you decide to unsinstall go to the HP site and get SPECIFIC uninstall procedures, there is a ton of folders in the Library and systems libarary and preferences folders you've got to manually go to, to get rid of it all! - My jaw almost dropped, my retailer said he'd take mine back no questions back, he verified what i just told you with HP. REMEBER - 10.5.6 ONLY AS FAR AS I KNOW! - Good luck, I am currently searching for a COMPATIBLE, WIRELES ALL_IN_ONE, AND NOW I KNOW TO ASK SPECIFICALLY ABOUT 10.5.6 - Snake doctor

Reaction score
Solution from HP Support

Just had the same issue. Running MAC OS 10.5.6. Here is the solution:

Uninstall prior driver (follow exact uninstall procedure as outlined on the HP website for C7280 Printer) and install latest driver from HP website:

HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers - Mac OS X v10.3.9, v10.4 and v10.5*

If problem still persists follow below instructions:

=== To reset the printing system ===
1. Click on the apple icon on the top bar.
2. Then select system preferences, please click on it.
3. Under System preferences you would find Print & Fax, Please click on it.
4. On the left hand side you would find the printer names that are installed on your computer.
5. Please click on the printer you would get an option that would say
a. Set as default printer.
b. reset printing system.
Then please click on reset printing system.
=== Add printer ===
1. Click on the apple icon on the top bar.
2. Then select system preferences, please click on it.
3. Under System preferences you would find Print & Fax, Please click on it.
4. Then at the left hand bottom corner of that window you would find a “+” and a “-” button
5. Please click on the “+” button, you would see a window where we can add a printer.
6. The printers name will be displayed in that box.
7. Please select it & then click on add.
8. Then you would find this printers name in the left hand side of the print & fax page.
Check if the issue persists. If the issue persists then follow the steps given below.
=== Invoke the scrubber ===
1. Click on GO.
2. Click on Applications.
3. Click on Hewlett Packard.
4. Click on HP Device Manager (by default, it's located in the dock.
5. Click on the drop down next to Information and Settings, select Uninstall HP AIO Software.
Click on Continue.
6. Press and hold Control, Option and Apple keys at the same time and click on Uninstall.
If it is done right, there should be a pop up that asks if the user is sure they want to remove all HP Software.
Note: this step will uninstall all the HP software installed on your computer. If you have any other HP printer installed then you may have to reload the software and run the setup again.
7. Click OK.
8. Enter the password and click on continue.
9. The scrubber will run through the uninstallation.
10. When the uninstallation is complete perform the Repair Disk Permissions steps given below.
=== Verify Disk Permissions and Repair Disk Permission===

1. Click on Go tab from the menu bar at the top
2. Select Utilities tab
3. Click on Disk utility
4. Once the disk utility pops up, select the hard drive and click on Verify Permissions tab.
5. This may take some time to complete as the Mac will try to verify all the permissions for the hard drive.
6. Once the Verify Disk Permission is complete, restart the mac.
7. Restart the Mac and follow steps 1 – 4.
8. In the 4th step select Repair Disk Permissions.
9. Restart the Mac.

Now, download and install the software and driver for your printer from the link given below.
HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers - Mac OS X v10.3.9, v10.4 and v10.5*
NOTE: Clicking the link may give an error indicating it is invalid. If this occurs, copy the portion of the address on the remaining line(s) and paste it at the end of the address showing in your browser until the complete address is displayed in the Address box.

Hope it helps.

JR

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.