Help! Powerbook G4 Applications are Crashing

Reaction score
My wife's Powerbook G4 has been having a high level of applications crashing over the past few weeks. In the middle of February Apple replaced the logic board on the machine because it appeared that the video card was experiencing some type of error.

Once she received the Powerbook back that's when the applications started to quit. The culprits have primarily been Firefox and Microsoft Office 2004. I've downloaded the latest updates for both applications and that hasn't fixed the problem. I'll be glad to post the Crash Report if anyone thinks that will provide some additional insight.

Thank you for any help that you can provide!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Have you tried downloading ONYX (there is a version for Panther) and running all the maintenace scripts.

Also, with Office 2004 I have found in the past that it will crash due to a font is doesn't like. Try the above tip first but then if that doesn't fix office try and trim down your fonts to those you need and see if that fixes it.

OP
O
Reaction score
Thanks for the assistance. That seems to help with the majority of the problem. It's still had a few crashes, but it's been limited to only one a day instead of 4 or 5.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.