Boot Camp Issues (Using Windows XP SP2)

Reaction score
Hello. I'm new to the forums here, and I come to share info, and get info.

Heres the problem. I bought a copy of Windows XP (SP2 as required), and I load up the boot camp assistant. I made a Windows partition of 32GB, and I pop in the GENUINE XP CD. I click start, it does it's thing, and the "Windows Setup" screen pops up. On the bottom it lists the drivers, and controllers it's loading and installing, and then it says "Setup is Starting Windows".... and then...

BAM. Blue Screen of Death. This is the error message I recieve.

SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED.

I have absolutely no clue what the **** is going wrong, and why I can't go any further. I already made an exchange for a brand new disc, but it still came up with the same error. Can anyone help me out? PLEASE?

OP
X
Reaction score
More Boot Camp help

Hello. I was reading through posts about the SESSION3 error, and alot of people say a common remedy is to make a copy of the XP disc using Disk Utility. Well, everytime I try to burn it, a failure message pops up, saying something like "Unable to write to the disk, cannot reopen or retry..." Can someone assist me on how to make this copy without failure? It seems this is my only option to actually install Windows XP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 2.16ghz, 2gb, 256MB
ok I don't know exacty what you are talking about. So you want to try to copy a windows partition?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.