Access Mac Files Through XP On Bootcamp?

Reaction score
Hello. I've got a Zune, so when I get an iMac (soon), I'll have to install XP through Bootcamp, as there is no Zune software out for mac. However, I want to keep all of my Music on the Mac partition, as I want an iTunes libary, as I may get an iPod touch soon.

So, is this possible? Can the Zune software read the files from my Mac Partition? All I want it to do is read the files, it doesn't need to write any. Thanks.

(If it can't, I'll just have to have my music on both partitions)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hello. I've got a Zune, so when I get an iMac (soon), I'll have to install XP through Bootcamp, as there is no Zune software out for mac. However, I want to keep all of my Music on the Mac partition, as I want an iTunes libary, as I may get an iPod touch soon.

So, is this possible? Can the Zune software read the files from my Mac Partition? All I want it to do is read the files, it doesn't need to write any. Thanks.

(If it can't, I'll just have to have my music on both partitions)

There's a product called MacDrive for Windows that can read/write Mac partitions. I'd imagine you could do that it that way. Or, you could always use Parallels Desktop for running Windows instead of Boot Camp as Parallels opens a bridge between the two filesystems while Windows is running.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.