What's this screensaver?

M

Maxp0wer2004

I want to know what screensaver this is:

It shows a colored ball with lightning-looking things coming off it.
It bounces around the screen with the lightning-things branching off.
It has a black background.
It is constantly changing color.
I saw it on an iMac G4.

Can you please tell me what screensaver this is, its name, and maybe a screenshot?

Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
That screensaver is called flurry. It is built in to OS X

flurry.jpg

OP
M

m1k

And may I add that it's only for Mac OS X. You can't get for Windows. Well, until Longhorn comes out, and then Microsoft will blatantly copy Flurry and name it something like Spinning Color Flurry.

To select it, go to system prefs, desktop and screensaver, click screensaver, and in the lefthand column select Flurry.

OP
M

Maxp0wer2004

Well, I'm not going to wait with Windows until LongHorn, I'm going to get a Mac before April next year. Maybe i'll get it by the end of the year,

So, this brings me to another question.

Will Mac OS X Tiger(10.4) be built into new Macs by April 2005?

because i know screensavers are changed with new OS versions, and i still want to get the one with Flurry built into it.

OP
M

Maxp0wer2004

I found this after i replied, and my computer is slow to get me to edit posts.

I found it for windows. i typed "flurry screensaver" into aol, and there it was.

OP
M

Maxp0wer2004

Is Fluid a Mac screensaver, because i dont use Mac. On my PC all 3-D screensavers look bad. Flurry is slow and only moves about 1-2 pixels every second. It goes faster than this on Mac, right?

OP
C

CaptainMack

yes its much facter than that on a mac. also i think fluid is only a mac screensaver check their site to be sure

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.