New MacBook or Refurb Pro

Reaction score
Was about to buy a new Black MacBook $1499 (the standard 2.4/2gb/250mb) when I thought I would look at the refurb stuff.

I found a MacBook Pro refurb for $1499 (2.2/2gb/120) I assume that it is the previous generation without the LED screen, but it doesn't say so like it does on the clearance pro's.

What do you think? The processor is a tad slower, same ram, and the HDD is a good bit smaller. Do the other pro features still make it a better buy for the same price?

OP
L
Reaction score
it all depends on what you plan on doing with it.

While I know thats the standard answer to a MB Vs Pro question, in this case it doesn't fit.

They are the same price (so I wont be paying for features or power I don't need with the pro)

They will both cover my computing needs just fine.

The main question is, with the slightly slower processor, same ram, and the smaller HDD; Do the other pro features still make it a better buy for the same price?

Also do people notice much difference in portability between a 13in MB and a 15in Pro?

M

MacHeadCase

It might be just me, but I would definitely prefer a dedicated graphics card like in the MBP as opposed to an on-board one like the MacBook has.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3, 500MHz, CD-ROM, 12"
The difference in portability is the 2 inches, really not much. But like iPlayLax said, if your planning on doing things like Photoshop or playing games, Then that Macbook Pro is better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - Penryn 2.4ghz
Buy the MBP. You'll be glad you did.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.