Smackbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2 Ghz 2GB Ram 120 GB HD
Has anyone tried Smackbook? I looked at some videos online and it looks like a really cool program!! and If you have has anyone tried it on a macbook? the videos i saw showed it with the MBP and i wondered if there is the sensor in the macbook too..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I haven't tried it but the sensor is in the macbook too. This sensor is to stop the hard drive from spinning so it doesn't get damaged if you drop your computer.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i just did a search on "smackbook" and you'd be amazed at the number of results that appeared.

honestly though, i'm of the mindset that if i drop even a few hudred bucks on a sensitive piece of electronics, i'm ever so unlikely to "smack" it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
i just did a search on "smackbook" and you'd be amazed at the number of results that appeared.

honestly though, i'm of the mindset that if i drop even a few hudred bucks on a sensitive piece of electronics, i'm ever so unlikely to "smack" it.

I agree. I tried it for like, an hour, and then realized that the desktop manager was a lot more useful without the smacking.

It's easier to just set an easy to remember key combo (I chose +option+Arrows) and you're just as well off without upsetting the cold cathode.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24in&20/iPodtouch/iPhone
LOL.

Control + Arrow on my Imac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Smackbook is cool for about 5 minutes. Then you realize how absolutely useless it is for switching desktops and then go back to the keyboard shortcut.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Can anyone help me set this up on a Intel mac running leopard?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.