Cookies On iMac Being Dropped at 1600 Hours Every Day

Reaction score
It seems like at 1600 (4PM) hours every day all my cookies are erased to the different websites I visit every day. So, all the URLs that I visit, I have to go in and retype my password and screen name again.

Is there something maybe that is telling my IMAC24 to erase these cookies every single time at each day?

Then to use my AMSN, I have to go into Safari, Preferences, Show Cookies, Remove All, Done. I can't even get into my email until I do this every day after 4PM.

Any help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
do you have any automatic maintenance programs running ? onyx?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
You do not advise what machine, browser or OS. As a start check with Safari preferences and see if remove history items is set to one day.

OP
M
Reaction score
I bought my IMAC24 less than a year ago. I use SAFARI, and I am not running the new leopard system. I don't know what to hit to get you the information you need. I looked in Preferences on Safari and didn't see anything that would tell it to remove history items after 1 day.

OP
M
Reaction score
Actually, for some reason my AMSN will not load at around 4PM. I have to go into Safari, and do what I posted above. Could it be a issue with AMSN? I have loaded it 3 different times and still come up with the same conclusion.

OP
M
Reaction score
REWARD: I would be willing to pay pal some money to the person that can tell me how to stop this crap. Maybe its my AMSN that causes this. But, it seems after 4PM that I have to clear everything in the Safari Preferences/cookies/remove all before I can use AMSN again. After I do that, of course I have to go and type all the screen names and passwords to the 30 sites I visit a day. Sucks to be me.... Advice Please!

M

MacHeadCase

Maybe you could post your question either here, at aMSN Project forum or aMSN Cocoaforge.

It must be a setting somewhere but I don't use aMSN so I wouldn't know where that setting is. It could also be the way your Leopard (Tiger ? You never specified which OS version you're using... when you want help, it's better to give the full details of your set up) Firewall is set up and the way aMSN interacts with it.

If you get a solution to either linked places, post it here too : it might help someone else who has the same problem.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I will let you know. I didn't even know the AMSN forums existed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.