• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Next MBP update coming in June

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.4, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD
I sure hope so. The current speed bump was less than impressive.

Reaction score
Hmmm...this almost makes me want to cancel my order for the new MBP and wait until this June update.

...Nah. The Montevina would bump up the proc to 2.8Ghz, that's not enough of an increase from 2.6. If it would be 3Ghz I would probably wait.

Reaction score
If it's a new case design, 8800 gt(x), new keyboard, higher 15" resolution, 3+ usb ports, I'll buy it in an instant!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Those guys need a vacation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20", 2.4ghz iMac/4 gigs of ram + a 2.1ghz MacBook/160gb 7200 rpm Seagate HD/1 gig of ram
Do you think there will be any updates for the macbook? Such as multi-touch or a more powerful processor.

I'm just wondering because I'm going to buy a soon and am wondering if I should wait or not.

Damm these guys at apple for not taking vacations and continuously upping there products.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Well, June is roughly the time where the Macbooks get updated when you look at the update intervals since they were launched. This recent update was just a fluke. I wouldn't be surprised to see a design overhaul in June for one, if not both notebook lines.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
A slimmer macbook would be nice, it seems quite thick for a consumer level laptp. I guess they may not want to slim it down to encourage mba sales

Reaction score
with the mba just introduced i dont think they are gonna make the mb or mbp any slimmer, but who knows. apple is crazy. haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
It seems that they want to set apart the mb and the mbp+mba. E.G: Backlit keyboard, LED backlighting, faster processors. This sets the mb aside as a consumer laptop, and aids in decision makin cos you know what you want.

Reaction score
Hope macbook to have improved graphics card to handle middle-edge games!
I would buy macbook pro if it had a nicer design. It seems ugly, even though having keyboard backlit, it doesn't have enough space between keyboard keys what is quite uncomfortable!
I would assert more powerful graphics card in macbook doesn't go with concept of macbook pro, that's why it isn't expected to have a big growth in productivity and handling games for macbook :(
Macbook is for students :-D for students who study :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.5Ghz Penryn Processor, 4GB of RAM, 200 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, High Res LED 17" Screen
This sucks. I just ordered a new 17" Mac Book Pro Monday. I wonder if I should have waited until June. I originally planned on waiting until August to get one, but after I got one at work I was too excited. I am sort of kicking myself now. Do you think it would have been worth waiting until June?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
This sucks. I just ordered a new 17" Mac Book Pro Monday. I wonder if I should have waited until June. I originally planned on waiting until August to get one, but after I got one at work I was too excited. I am sort of kicking myself now. Do you think it would have been worth waiting until June?

It's as simple as asking yourself if you want to wait. No one else can answer that question for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" Gloss, 2.4 GHz C2D, 4GB DDR2, 160 GB @ 7200 HDD, 256 MB 8600M GT
A slimmer macbook would be nice, it seems quite thick for a consumer level laptp. I guess they may not want to slim it down to encourage mba sales

You really think that? it's about an inch thick. That is much slimmer than most if not all HPs, Compaqs, Gateways and Dells that I have seen.

I would argue that the MacBook is among the slimest consumer level notebooks on the market.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.5Ghz Penryn Processor, 4GB of RAM, 200 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, High Res LED 17" Screen
It's as simple as asking yourself if you want to wait. No one else can answer that question for you.

I don't want to wait, I guess its a matter of it being worth the wait or not. I mean will it really be that much faster than what I just got?

Reaction score
I don't want to wait, I guess its a matter of it being worth the wait or not. I mean will it really be that much faster than what I just got?

I personally think that we will see updates more often considering how quickly now intel is refreshing and discontinuing lines of processors. I am trying to view it as the same way I do pc's, that basically there is a new one by the time I get home and open it, therefore waiting for the 'next better version' would go on and on and on....

All that being said I refreshed my work mbp with the new updates but for my home machine I am waiting to see if there is a case redesign. Its bound to happen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Sorry, I meant it's a matter of "can" you wait, not do you "want" to wait. With anything electronic, wait as long as you "can" before committing to buying.

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just ordered my first Mac and its a Mac Book pro. I was going to get one the last time they was updated but decided to wait. I just placed the order today. Question is with this update coming should I have waited a bit longer? I already waited about 3 months and they released the current version the one I just ordered. I am a full time university student so I got the discount as well.

The spec I went with:

2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
200GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm
MacBook Pro 17-inch Hi-Resolution Widescreen Display
SuperDrive 8X (DVD+R DL/DVD+RW/CD-RW)
EMEA CC-HE contract uplift MacBook Pro/PowerBook

I am going to upgrade the memory with a corsair kit to 4GB.

Thanks,

Adam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi All,

I just ordered my first Mac and its a Mac Book pro. I was going to get one the last time they was updated but decided to wait. I just placed the order today. Question is with this update coming should I have waited a bit longer? I already waited about 3 months and they released the current version the one I just ordered. I am a full time university student so I got the discount as well.

The spec I went with:

2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
200GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm
MacBook Pro 17-inch Hi-Resolution Widescreen Display
SuperDrive 8X (DVD+R DL/DVD+RW/CD-RW)
EMEA CC-HE contract uplift MacBook Pro/PowerBook

I am going to upgrade the memory with a corsair kit to 4GB.

Thanks,

Adam

Read my post immediately above yours.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.