FW800 enclosure trouble

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB pro, 2.16GHz, 2gb RAM
I have a 15" MBP (2.16GHz, 2gb ram) running 10.5.2 and a firewire 800 dual sata hard drive enclosure (this one) with a 250gb and 200gb drive.
Everything was working fine until christmas. When I came back, I plugged in the enclosure and nothing happened. They didn't mount, didn't show up in disk utility, but they did spin up like normal. I went trough all sorts of trouble shooting and ended up getting the enclosure replaced.
Now that I have the new one, it's still not working. I have tested the FW800 port, fw400 port and usb ports with other devices and they're all working fine. I've plugged the new enclosure into a windows machine via USB (I don't have a second mac) and the disk management utility recognizes both drives. (It can't read it cause they're HFS formatted)
One drive does mount sporadically, but I can't figure out why. I've tried using one drive at a time and everything else I can think of, but nothing.
The drives still don't mount, they're not recognized in disk utility, but there is a sign of life in system profiler. Here's what it says:
FireWire Bus:
Maximum Speed: Up to 800 Mb/sec

Oxford ATA Device 00:

Manufacturer: Galaxy Metal Gear
Model: 0x0
GUID: 0x1D27CEEA5039B
Maximum Speed: Up to 800 Mb/sec
Connection Speed: Up to 800 Mb/sec
Sub-units:
Oxford ATA Device 00 Unit:
Unit Software Version: 0x10483
Unit Spec ID: 0x609E
Firmware Revision: 0x9102
Product Revision Level: 02.0
Sub-units:
Oxford ATA Device 00 SBP-LUN:
Removable Media: No
BSD Name: disk1
Mac OS 9 Drivers: No
Partition Map Type: Unknown
Oxford ATA Device 01 Unit:
Unit Software Version: 0x10483
Unit Spec ID: 0x609E
Firmware Revision: 0x9102
Product Revision Level: 02.0
Sub-units:
Oxford ATA Device 01 SBP-LUN:
Removable Media: No
BSD Name: disk2
Mac OS 9 Drivers: No
Partition Map Type: Unknown

At this point I don't really know what else to do. I brought the laptop to the Apple once to test the FW800 port and everything worked fine. Would they help me out if I brought the laptop and enclosure to them?
Ideas anyone?

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB pro, 2.16GHz, 2gb RAM
Does anyone know of a linux live CD that will recognize the firewire ports?
Just another thought I had about testing it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.