Mac mini won't eject disc help

Reaction score
I have a Intel Mac Mini

I tried loading up a program CD.It wouldn't load now it won't eject.
i've tried everything in the help menu for eject disc
I've tried

1.re-starting

2.re-start hold down:
mouse button
return

3.hold down F12 key

4.app>util>terminal
type command> drutil eject....doesn't work

5.typecommand> drutil list
gave me the list but command> eject ......didn't work
now typing drutil list doesn't give me even the list anymore...???

6.Finder>file>eject> (grayed out)
Disk utility Cd rom isn't present

7.System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras and double-clicking the file "Eject.menu"....nothing

as far as I can tell Mm doesn't recog CD at all.It spins on start up then stops

out of ideas and growing tired of searching .....

bp

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
When you held down the mouse button was it right after the Startup Sound and did you keep it down for a while? With some I had to hold the Left button down for 30 seconds.

OP
B
Reaction score
When you held down the mouse button was it right after the Startup Sound and did you keep it down for a while? With some I had to hold the Left button down for 30 seconds.
before startup after startupp ..hours and hours!!!!;D

bp

Reaction score
That's weird!

I guess you'll just have to say "OPEN WIDEEEEEEEEE, SAY AHHHHHHHHHH!"
All right that was weird.

So do you hear anything like it's trying to eject but it can't, or is it just quiet?
Once i had a CD stuck in my iMac G3......oh wow.
To be fair, i had spray painted the CD. (Stupid, I know.)
Just take that puppy into the Apple store if you aren't able to get it out, they're nice about that stuff there.

Reaction score
Here is a solution for a stuck disc in the CD drive of a Mac Mini when all other posted procedures seem to fail and before you grab a screwdriver, butterknife or spatula ...

(This applies to Mac Mini OS X 10.6.2, 2.26 GHz Intel Core Duo)

1. Shut down the Mac Mini
2. Connect a corded USB keyboard to the Mini
3. On the keyboard, press and hold the D key, then press the button to start the Mini (keep pressing the D key until it freezes)
4. Eventually, a window appears that says Apple Hardware Test Version 3A150 (you might be asked to select English as your language of choice before you see the test version)
5. Click on the Test button to start the hardware test (the option for the lengthier test is not necessary)
6. Once the test is over, the results will likely say that everything is okay. Choose the option to SHUT DOWN the Mini.
7. Suddenly, the CD will be ejected from the Mini.

This worked for me when all other methods failed. I must give thanks to Kris for helping me find this solution.

Chronos

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.