Leopard Trash Issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo; 2 GB Ram, 320 GB HDD
My trash icon keeps indicating that the trash is full when there are no items listed. I have tried relaunching finder, emptying the trash (multiple times), secure emptying the trash, and a couple of command line things that didn't work. Any thoughts? Thanks

Reaction score
It might be a permissions problem. If you can give me the output of "ls -lh ~/.Trash/ ls;ls -ldh ~/.Trash/" (with no quotes of course), I may be able to help you diagnose a problem.

EDIT: let me be more concise. Issue that command in the terminal. To open a terminal hit command space, type terminal, and hit enter to open it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
i think i know what may be causing this...had the same issue a few days ago...you may have some issues with an external drive...incase yo have any eject them & your trash should say ts empty...however it will return once you re-plug it...you need to locate the files causing the error....mine was a folder called "found 001" or something like thati just deleted that & my problem was fixed...it may just be the same for you...hope this helps...

(i have a feeling it was created when i ran a verify/repair command from disk utility on my ext. drive)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.