Thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
I was just wondering what everyone thinks about the MBA.

My view: I think it is really cool(obviously, because i'm typing on one currently)

I know the drawbacks but i just had to have one(1.8Ghz, 64GB SSD)

All views welcome and that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.53Ghz, 4GB ram, 500gb hd -- Apple TV 160gb -- MacMini 1.83ghz
I think the MBA is a very cool notebook, as long as it's not your main computer. If I had to travel a lot, I'd probably get a MBA as my secondary notebook. The MBA is not a bad computer, but it doesn't offer enough for what I'd need from my main computer. My MBP is bigger and heavier, but it can do everything I want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
Yea, MBA is better as a secondary computer, with only on usb and no optical drive it doesn't really suit me. But if i were a traveler then definitely!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I was just wondering what everyone thinks about the MBA.

My view: I think it is really cool(obviously, because i'm typing on one currently)

I know the drawbacks but i just had to have one(1.8Ghz, 64GB SSD)

All views welcome and that.

Frankly, given that you charliecrosslan have one, especially with the SSD, that would be worthy of a review thread. What do you do with it? How do you use it? How well does it work? Tell us what's good and bad about it, and especially tell us what's in between the extremes. Does it keep a charge well? How's the screen? Is the refresh rate fine with movies/videos? Does it feel flimsy or substantial? What about the backlit keyboard? Is that just coolness, or is it useful?

It's fine to get others' opinions, but there's nothing like hearing from someone who actually has one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.