Boot Camp Disk Error

Reaction score
Okay, I recently purchased the mid range Macbook with Leopard, and I have been trying to install Windows XP Professional SP2, but once I partition the hard drive, and install windows, it goes to restart, and I get a disk error which says press any key, and the keyboard is frozen, so I have to force restart.

I have read somewhere I have to format the partition, but I can't find anywhere how you actually format it or at what stage, so a bit of help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
if you partioned the disc fat32 more than i think its 32 GB then you will get this. (happened to me) if you need more than 32 GB than you need to format it to NTSF

OP
J
Reaction score
I tried just partitioning a 32GB hard drive to fat32 and I still get the disk error. Someone please help me, I need windows for school :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15,4" MBP 2,4 GHz, 2MB RAM, 250 GB HDD (Seagate aftermarket), Leopard, Logitech V470.
YOu need to format win partition right after creating it.

Reaction score
print out the instructions and follow by the book. Also dont press any keys when it restarts. A common error is to ( press any key to boot from CD ) so this then takes you back to the install. Also make sure its definetely SP2.
It does work as I have installed xp and vista numerous times. If all else fails hen Maybe a fresh reinstall of leopard might do the trick.

Reaction score
open up boot camp in apple and i believe one of the first windows gives the option to print out.

OP
J
Reaction score
Okay, I went back through the boot camp installation, step by step, and the disk error occurs at page 11. So I don't even get a chance to partition the drive properly as this option isn't available until page 13.

Reaction score
Have you chosen fat or ntfs. It needs to be ntfs if larger than 32gb.
Another issue maybe your xp disk ???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
Okay, I recently purchased the mid range Macbook with Leopard, and I have been trying to install Windows XP Professional SP2, but once I partition the hard drive, and install windows, it goes to restart, and I get a disk error which says press any key, and the keyboard is frozen, so I have to force restart.

I have read somewhere I have to format the partition, but I can't find anywhere how you actually format it or at what stage, so a bit of help?

I just installed xp on my bootcamp today and I had the same exact issue as you. My bootcamp was set to 32 gigs, so i restarted the installation and when it asked me to select a drive I selected bootcamp but i chose to format it as FAT32 (Do not choose the quick option) After that everything went smoothly.

Reaction score
frozen mac

I need major help. I just tried installing windows and I am getting the Press any keyt to boot from cd etc. My computer is completely frozen. I didn't press any keys upon it starting, but now it is frozen. the only way for me to restart it is to unplug it. What do I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook OS Leopard
Hi, I have just done the exact same thing. this is what to do: Hold down the power button until it shuts down.
Then restart it by pressing the power button and holding down the trackpad button (or mouse click) It should then restart and eject the disc.
it worked for me ok.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I need major help. I just tried installing windows and I am getting the Press any keyt to boot from cd etc. My computer is completely frozen. I didn't press any keys upon it starting, but now it is frozen. the only way for me to restart it is to unplug it. What do I do?
Hold down the option key and select OS X to boot into.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.