uninstalled final cut - wheres all the free space?

Reaction score
hello!

ive just uninstalled final cut studio 2 and was expecting an explosion of free space (final cut studio is around 50gb large) - but nothing: it still says 103gb free space, which is what it was before, maybe a few gbs more.

i thought i have to refresh my finder window a couple of times, but nothing: still 103gb. im installing final cut studio 1 now (so downgrading cause my macbook couldnt take it) and it warned me that after installation i will have around 70gb left - bummer: wheres the freed up space gone? did i not delete final cut studio 2 but send it into invisible nirvana, never to be seen again but still taking up the space??

anyone know of this problem? (myb not necessarily with final cut)

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Maybe you didn't install/uninstall the media files? It's those files that take up all the space. the apps themselve require around 3-4GB.

OP
I
Reaction score
i used an app that does fcp removing for you. (am in contact with the developer at the moment, but he doesnt seem to be sure of the cause either)

but i dont think its the media files, there is something strange going on with finder/mac osx (leopard): after installing the old version of final cut studio (downgrading was my objective from the start), around 10gb of it, it showed my only 1gb less free space, even though it obviously shouldve been around 10gb less.

so seem like more of a finder/osx/whoknows issue.

any ideas?

thanks for now.
a

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
maybe check your "Application support" folder. i think a bunch of stuff is thrown in there. Users>Library>Application Support

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.