2 applications suddenly not working! Help!

Reaction score
Hi, I am puzzled as to why 2 applications are no longer working. One is called Handbrake which converts mp4 files to avi, will open but when I click to get the source file to convert it just makes a mac computer noise and does nothing, won't allow me to get a file to start converting. The other program is Newtoolz which when converting RAR files into avi keeps stopping at the first file to convert and says 'error'. These 2 programmes used to work fine. I don't know what has happened. Also I have done a disk repair permission on the hard disk. Do I have a virus? I only used the computer for downloading movies and going on the internet. I have tried downloading the programs again and nothing changes. Can anyone help. I have a macbook, 2 ghz processor and osx 10.4.11.:*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac OS 10.5.8
Visual Hub

I can send you the above software by email. This software is very good but it is not for RAR

jaybass;

Reaction score
The other program is Newtoolz which when converting RAR files into avi keeps stopping at the first file to convert and says 'error'.

You don't convert RAR files to AVI. RAR is a compression format like Zip or SIT. You might try using UnRarX to uncompress.
Don't know why Handbrake wont work.
Just curious as to why you want to convert to a non-native format like AVI?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.