Something to protect the screen????

A

agentphish

Do you guys know of, or put anything between your keyboard and your screen when you close your powerbooks?
I want to avoid a condition i've seen on many PC/mac notbooks, and that is when its closed and then pressure gets put on the laptop while its in the bag, the keys are pressed into the screen and leave marks.

Any suggestions on what I can/should use? is there an actual product for this? I have been using the piece of thin foam material that came with the computer initially but i hate it and its ugly.

Suggestions?
thanks.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If you want to protect your screen from keyboard impressions. Just go to the yardage store and purchase your self a small piece of cloth. I found a piece for about a dollar.

OP
D

daughter_anna

ehh. okay, well i use iskin which is impossible for it to scratch my lcd (and keyboard, if you must)

honestly, i've never had a problem with "marks" on my powerbooks screen even before i had iskin. but i guess if you're looking for a cheap replacement for one of those marware cloths, i'd use the handy dandy keyboard styro that came with the powerbook. haha.. but that's just me.

OP
A

agentphish

haha yea i've been using the keyboard styro since i got it. its just a pain in the ass.
My GF has an ibook and hasnt been using it and hasnt had any problems, but my friend has an older PB15 and its got keyboard impressions.
Thanks for the pointers guys.
I really am loving my mac.
peace

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.