Recover CD Key

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Mac OS X Server (10.3.9) which I would like to format and reinstall. I don't have the CD case with the key on anymore. How would I go about recovering the key from my current installation so I can use it for reinstalling?

Thanks in advice for any help

Kind Regards,
Resolve

M

MacHeadCase

Ok let me get this straight.

You're an IT guy, I gather : if you've got your hands on a server version, you're playing with servers, right ? Why aren't you more organized ? Why didn't you keep that info safely somewhere ?

OP
R
Reaction score
I'm taking over from someone else who lost the cd key. Should I be judged for another persons mistakes?

OP
R
Reaction score
Thank you! Your post was 100x more helpful than MacHeadCase's. Why can't everyone be like you. :)

Reaction score
Well, first of all, she is cuter than I. Second, she is much smarter. Third, she raises a point that amazes anyone in the IT trades. When you are responsible for the way a group of people interacts with a network, organization is essential. Your first post said that you didn't have the CD cover or the install code, nothing about someone else's carelessness. So naturally she wants to know how anyone could misplace the server install!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Your first post said that you didn't have the CD cover or the install code, nothing about someone else's carelessness. So naturally she wants to know how anyone could misplace the server install!

And naturally, she suspected that you were just trying to install a pirated copy.

In fact, I still think this is a possibility, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Shiver me timbers...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Should I be judged for another persons mistakes?

No, but she is on the staff and you question has been asked before by people who have a less legitimate reason. It's part of her job to keep that sort of stuff off these boards. It's all good and you got your question answered.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.