Couple of Questions and Comments

Reaction score
Hi, I just bought a Macbook and it seems very simple and efficient. So much detail in everything! like the button on the bottom of the laptop to check the battery level.

Anyways Here are some of my questions:

When I open Firefox or a Word document, the programs screen never fits snuggly over the whole laptop screen, even when I try to maximize the window. -How do I maximize the windows of programs to fully envelope the whole screen?

Why would people set the spring loaded folders and windows to a "long" delay, if that will only extend the time it takes for an app. to open?

Is there anyway for Word to work any smoother on the Mac (I am used to the right click on a word and it would give you synonyms quickly. It seems that now I have to press option*apple button* and R*

Last thing. Is there a way to make a Word document larger (as in larger letters. I can barely read the documents in a maximized window) without lowering the display resolution?

Thanks for the help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2GHz 2GB RAM 120 GB HD 15" NVidia 8800MGT 128MB - iPhone 3G
The olny way to make a window fill up the whole screen is to drag the corner out and reposition until it takes up as much as you would like. There is no maximize button like what you see on windows computers.

I don't know what you mean about the spring loaded folders.

Also, I dont know what you mean about word not running smoothly. Word on my MacBook pro works great. I've never heard of right clicking on a word to get synonyms.

There is a zoom percentage drop menu in the mac version. Make sure you have it set yp to diplay all of your needed toolbars. Check under the view options.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
1. There's no actual maximize button in OS X, there's a button that resizes windows to the size that will comfortably fit whatever is inside. In order to fit the entire screen, you will have to manually drag the lower left corner of the window to encompass the entire screen.

2. Personal choice?

3. You can enable the two finger tap right click through the Keyboard and Mouse settings located in System Preferences. No need to press a keyboard button, just tap two fingers on the trackpad or place two fingers on the trackpad and press the mouse button.

4. Increase the zoom of the document. I find 125% to be a sweet spot for my Word documents.

Edit: Grr, beat to it by a minute!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2GHz 2GB RAM 120 GB HD 15" NVidia 8800MGT 128MB - iPhone 3G
Sorry. Ha. It would have been faster if I wasn't typing on my iPod touch keyboard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.