Linksys WRT54GS Version 4 United Kingdom

Reaction score
I hope I'm posting on the right place, I have recently got myself a used ibook g4 1.0 ghz with an Airport card (my first mac, and very happy with it so far), my problem is as follows, I also have had for a while a Linksys wrt54gs version 4 cable router/access point, and the wireless network setup witch my wife's laptop connects to with not problems, when I turn my ibook on it does not pick up a network at all (nothing shows under the airport icon menu), when I take it to work I only have to switch it on and the wireless network is there ready, this is with a netgear router, I have read and read different threads about "linksys and macs not being compatible" and I cannot really afford to trough my router away and buy a netgear one, I'm new to mac machines and I'm enjoying the one I just got but I already had a week of nighmares trying to setup a working wireless network and I don't know what to do next.:Angry-Tongue:

Please help

Some info:

SSID enabled
Security: WPA personal
Algo: TKIP
Firmware version: v 1.05.3 (european)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Just to ease your mind a little, I have a similar Linksys router and can connect both my iMac's and my iPhone with no problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.