Major Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I'm trying to setup my wife's iMac. I went through the initial setup wizard and apparently made a typo on her password. So now I can't access her machine at all. There is no other account set up yet so i have no where to go. What do I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Put in Disc One of your setup discs and reboot, during boot up hold the option key and than choose to start from the disc. After you selected your language click on utilities in the menu and than password reset. Away you go in reseting your password.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
Put in Disc One of your setup discs and reboot, during boot up hold the option key and than choose to start from the disc. After you selected your language click on utilities in the menu and than password reset. Away you go in reseting your password.

wow, i never knew about this. so could you not just hack into someones mac by using the setup discs? seems kinda unsecure if you have the discs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
wow, i never knew about this. so could you not just hack into someones mac by using the setup discs? seems kinda unsecure if you have the discs

That's nothing. Once someone has physical acccess to your computer, they can smash it with a heavy object and leave it completely nonfunctional.

Or they can just unplug it and walk away with it completely.

Where I work, we employ these high-tech security devices to prevent such unauthorized access .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's nothing. Once someone has physical acccess to your computer, they can smash it with a heavy object and leave it completely nonfunctional.

Or they can just unplug it and walk away with it completely.

Where I work, we employ these high-tech security devices to prevent such unauthorized access .

wow, i really appreciate your needless sarcasm. thanks for that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ohh, that wasnt a swear word there. didnt think it would be filtered out...woops.

OP
JohnTheMacGeek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Done!

That worked flawlessly, thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
no problem, glad to help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.