Any suggestions for blank dvd-r media?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
Hello fellow mac users, after a good few months of burning countless dvd-r's with my powerbooks, the brand i was using(Mirror Platinum) is no longer viable for me. I never had one bad burn out of the last six batches i used, but the last few, too many fails, dvds wont play, etc. Gave a few discs away to some people to trial, they came back misburnt. Also i noticed slight markings in the pigment prior to burning. Tried 10 blank cheap no name discs, all successful burns.

So, i'm after recommedations for blank dvd-r, and for reasonable prices too.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I tend to use either Imation, Fujii or Verbatium.

OP
citystar2k
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
I might just try some Verbatim. I use the super Azo cd-r's for burning music onto for my friends. Thanks for the sugestion rman.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Verbatim is safe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
The only brand I have had problems with is Memorex

I use meritline

M

m1k

I use Mitsumi (I bought a huge stack of them) and I didn't have one bad burn out of them. But now I'm only down to about 10 in the stack, so I'll have to buy another stack soon.

Mitsumi is quite good.

I

iSheep

Using Verbatim at the moment, not a single problem. The Apple ones are great as well, no problems there - quite good price as well.

W

WilliS

i use value disc from office max... i havent bought any dvd-r since x4 was expencive, and these were only $40 for 4x discs... which was a steal then... they work great

ive also used starlogic...which are cheap as can be ($9.99 at one point for a 50 pack at office max after rebate) but they are only 1x.. but if price is a factor, then time cannot be...they work ok... ive had a few varification failures...but the disks still work...only 1 or 2 buffer underruns for a pack of 50

and ive used fugifilm as well...they were the only name brand disc ive used... they were like $70 for 50 1x discs.... not worth it... they work fine...but so do my 4x value discs...

ive tried a few maxell discs too...i dont like them at all...they are picky for players that work with them... and at one point a player that used to read one of my discs...now wont read it... so i would stay away from them..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.