Mail preview pane plug in

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find the Mail plug-in for the preview pane on the right side? I had it but did an E and I and can't remember where the heck I got it? Thanks.

ps. Does growl work for Mail in Leopard. I installed it but can't get it to run. It works with iTunes though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I believe you are looking for WideMail

I have not been able to get Growl to work with Leopard mail... :(:(:(

Reaction score
The Mail Growl plugin was causing a lot of problems apparently. Apple disabled it in the 10.5.2 update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
The Mail Growl plugin was causing a lot of problems apparently. Apple disabled it in the 10.5.2 update.

No.... No it wasn't... Apple simply changed the way plugins work with mail, and the developer hasn't yet updated it. So the 10.4 version of GrowlMail doesn't work in 10.5.

Reaction score
No.... No it wasn't... Apple simply changed the way plugins work with mail, and the developer hasn't yet updated it. So the 10.4 version of GrowlMail doesn't work in 10.5.

GrowlMail 1.1.2 did work (with some issues) in 10.5.0 and 10.5.1, Apple disabled it "to avoid issues". See this Apple article.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
GrowlMail 1.1.2 did work (with some issues) in 10.5.0 and 10.5.1, Apple disabled it "to avoid issues". See this Apple article.

Growl mail only worked in leopard by doing a few tweaks to make it work... the 10.5.2 update info in your link simply refers to Mail now auto-disabling and creating a "disabled bundles" folder in the the library. Before the update it would install.. but not work (without tweaking some things).

Growlmail was made for 10.4. 10.5 changed the way Mail handles bundles, thus disabling Growlmail, and a number of other bundles/plugins.

Reaction score
Growl mail only worked in leopard by doing a few tweaks to make it work... the 10.5.2 update info in your link simply refers to Mail now auto-disabling and creating a "disabled bundles" folder in the the library. Before the update it would install.. but not work (without tweaking some things).

Growlmail was made for 10.4. 10.5 changed the way Mail handles bundles, thus disabling Growlmail, and a number of other bundles/plugins.

Fair enough, I don't remember hacking GrowlMail to make it work but maybe I did - it was a while ago.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.