Weird Keyboard Issues

Reaction score
Lately I have noticed the keyboard on my MBP is not typing right all the time. It's mainly happening when I fill out online username/password forms. Examples are I have to type my password at least 5 times to get into Hotmail.

I have done the 10.5.2 and the keyboard update. Wouldn't the keyboard update fix this problem??

OP
E
Reaction score
I will try the instructions given on the apple boards. Hopefully one of those will fix it. If not I will give the apple place a call when I am on spring break.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2GHz 2GB RAM 120 GB HD 15" NVidia 8800MGT 128MB - iPhone 3G
I have had the same problems. It happens to me when I first try to type into a new field and it wont input the first letter I type. They say the latest firmware update fixes it, but I still notice it does it sometimes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13", 4gb, 500gb, 2.26 Duo. White iPhone 5, White iPad Mini 32gb
my y is very iffy had the macbook for about a month and its slowly becoming more responsive dont know if it was just getting broken in!?

OP
E
Reaction score
I have had the same problems. It happens to me when I first try to type into a new field and it wont input the first letter I type. They say the latest firmware update fixes it, but I still notice it does it sometimes.

I have mainly noticed my "L" is the worst character.

I have done the keyboard updates and that has not fixed it. I am trying to reinstall the 10.5.2. combo update now.

OP
E
Reaction score
I reinstalled the updates (10.5.2 and keyboard update) didn't help any. Guess the next move is take it to be looked at. :(

Reaction score
The whole firs key typed not working is gone for me, but what is annoying is that my laptop came shipped with a broken hinge on my control button so whenever I have to hit control, the key pops off and it sits crooked. I'm going to have to go in and get this **** control key replaced and they better not pul l some B.S. and tell me I have to ship my laptop just to get a key fixed.

Reaction score
I have to hold Shift + return for my return button to work properly, when i press return by itself, it tries to execute a Cmd+C. this sucks major for me :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.