Power mac G4 keeps rebooting when switched off?

Reaction score
Hi

I have an old dual 400 Graphite Powermac g4 which has recently started rebooting when switched off after I moved the computer into another room so I am not sure if I have dislodged something inside when moving it but I can not see anything obvious inside the case.

As I say it reboots by itself when switched off but I cant figure out why it is doing this?

it is running OSX 10.4 and about the same time that it started rebooting it kept asking me to set the date and time when it started up.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks

Lee.
http://www.beaucroft.co.uk

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Agreed with Harry. PRAM Battery dead. That is the Time/Date issue and probably the rebooting issue. Do what Harry suggested. You can get PRAM battery's cheep on Ebay. There are other stores online that sell them and Radio Shack does also but they are not cheep there.

OP
L
Reaction score
RE: rebooting issue

Thanks guys I will try what you have suggested

Thanks again

Lee.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.