Wifi antenna booster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi!
I live in Capital Federal, Buenos Aires, Argentina, on a 7th floor and with my Mac Mini Intel and Kismac in OS X Tiger I can see up to 7 wireless networks. The thing is that at least 2 of them are not protected in any way but I get such a crappy signal ( Kismac reports a max of 45 of 255 ), than i can't stay connected for a long time, and the speed is really really poor ( more than one minuto just to load google.com !!! ).
Anyways, I was thinking of buying an USB Wifi Antenna Booster but I really didn't know where or what to look for... I know that I need a great signal boost, and for it to be compatible with either Tiger or Leopard ( I can do the upgrade if need be ).

So, any recommendations?

Thanks!!!

Reaction score
For hours of fun, google this:
cantenna
I see you are posting from Argentina, the English word is a combination of "can" and "antenna". Here is one of the more famous ones:
http://seattlewireless.net/PringlesCantenna

pringlesonstandbig.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
I use a Linksys Range Expander as part of my wifi system. I would presume that it would work together with Airport.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
I'd check the laws where you live. In the United States what you're trying to do is technically illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.