iPod file that stores iPod library

Reaction score
I accidentally wiped my wife's ipod (by pressing recover), but i managed to recover the data with data rescue 2.

However, she did not know what songs were on the ipod and data rescue has only managed to get the data files, not the file names back.

I was wondering if there is a file on the ipod that stores all the song in the ipod library, if i could find this file i could just re copy all her song to the ipod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I accidentally wiped my wife's ipod (by pressing recover), but i managed to recover the data with data rescue 2.

However, she did not know what songs were on the ipod and data rescue has only managed to get the data files, not the file names back.

I was wondering if there is a file on the ipod that stores all the song in the ipod library, if i could find this file i could just re copy all her song to the ipod.

Is there a reason you can't just re-sync it with iTunes?

Reaction score
As mrplow says, if the iTunes library is in tact just re-sync.

If it isn't, by 'data files' do you mean the individual MP3 / AAC (or whatever format you have) files? If so, import them back in iTunes and the song information should show up again - it's embedded in the file. If it doesn't it might have been lost during the recovery.

OP
B
Reaction score
I have tired but the library sync is not working, Also have tried restoring the mp3's, they are named something like M00223.mp3 but the names don't appear in itunes.

The only way to do it is to listen to then all and figure out who sings the song.

dam woman :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.