Custom Mouse-button configuring?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2 GHz MacBook, Mac OS X v10.5.6 | 8 GB iPhone 3G, v2.2
I've got a Mighty Mouse connected to my MacBook, and when I check the options for the mouse under System Preferences I see that I can somewhat choose which action a button should perform. For instance, the left button on the mouse is called "Primary Button" by default, a normal 'click'.
Here comes the thing:
The right button is called "Secondary Button" by default (that is, Ctrl+'Click') but I was wondering if I could change this into a custom action I'd like to have on my right button (Cmd+'Click')?

When I tried to select some other action than Secondary Button for the mouse's right button I got a list of actions, but Cmd+'Click' wasn't in it. There was an "other" option in the list too, but that got me to a menu for using AppleScript (which I literally know nothing about).

PS:
The reason for me wanting this is that I'm a fan of Starcraft which I have played on a PC for many years and now installed on my Mac, and you use left-click and right-click to move units in the game. But for some reason the game doesn't accept Ctrl+'Click' as the equivalent of a Windows Right-click (as every other Mac application does), Starcraft wants me to press Cmd+'Click' for right-clicks...

I hope I'm making myself understandable here! ;D

M

MacHeadCase

The built-in Mighty Mouse drivers are pretty limited in terms of configuring. If you really want more latitude in mouse button configuration, you'll have to look for third-party drivers, I'm afraid.

One that's pretty cool and nifty is SteerMouse. You can try it before you buy it.

Hope this helps. :)

Reaction score
I've noticed a similar issue with configuring my Might Mouse. I have set the "middle" button to be Spaces. However, I have had to reset this button behavior to Spaces a couple of times. One of these may have been related to the 10.5.2 update, but I think I have had to change this configuration more than just this once.

Just thought I would bounce this off you experts out there to see if this is an anomoly or something more? Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.