Macbook Screen Blur, Help!

Reaction score
Hey, this is my friends macbook it's 2 months old, I was sitting there using it today and all was fine, one second later I look back at it and theres this odd blob on the screen, it seems like the shape may have changed from what it was this morning, that theres a little less this time, this macbook was never dropped, beaten, or damaged in any way.. Ay ideas guys.. O and hello to all im new to the forum!

02270815ffff48aKj.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 core 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2.3TB HD; MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD
Welcome to the forums.

That really looks like there was some damage to the machine to me. Was there a possibility that it was closed and something large was set on it? You will also want to make sure there isn't a heat source directly behind the display - it could have caused that to happen. It should still be under warranty so if it's not physical damage you should be able to get it repaired.

OP
L
Reaction score
hmm nope no heat source, nothing was placed on it, just turned it on did some stuff looked away for 1 min and back and it was just there

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 core 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2.3TB HD; MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 200GB HD
Given how it appears to be radiating from the lower right corner it could have been that the screen was twisted hard. I would have Apple look at it though. This isn't something that's going to be a do it yourself fix.

OP
L
Reaction score
man i hope they cover it, im pretty sure i didnt do anything to damage it, atleast I hope not, i usually dont take it mobile. Just sits at home on my desk

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.