age of empires 3 32MB VRAM

Reaction score
Hey.
The other day i downloaded the Age of empires III demo on my eMac 1,25 ghz 256 MB RAM and 32MB VRAM. Obviously the game isn't supposed to run on a computer like mine, though I was willing to try it anyway. When i tried to open it, a message appeared saying that the game requires a 64MB video card. Then i search some forums and apparently there's a way to open the game and ignore the video card detector, which is pressing the 'v' key as opening the game, and it works fine now, it's running faster than i thought, with average graphics. What i would like to know is: does this affect my computer hardware in any way? a friend of mine said it could send a bad file to the hard disk or ROM or something like that and advised me not to play the game, and i stopped cause i'm afraid it might damage my computer. Is my friend right? Did anyone know about this?
Hope someone can help me!
Pedro

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.