can connect to wireless router but can't get internet

Reaction score
So this is my fourth day with no internet and finally using my girlfriend's computer to post. The problem I have is that I can connect to the router but i cannot get any internet capabilities. This started with the leopard update 10.5.2. I was able to have internet smoothly until this latest patch download on Saturday feb. 2008 i believe. I've checked that I do have an ip address and also the fact that my girlfriend's other 2 PC's can get internet has made me determine that the problem lies with my mac. I've tried resetting the router and restarting the mac numerous times. I've called my internet provider and they've told me that it could be that the wireless card on my mac is faulty. I'm stuck, if anyone could give me any insight as to what to do plz help me. I've tried almost everything I know except for reinstalling leopard.

Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Wouldn't be a d-link dir-635 router by any chance?

I have had the same problem. Before the update no problem - after a problem. Pc's can connect but when the MBP tries to connect it not only can't connect but knocks out the pcs. I have checked the router. Reset it. Tried different channels and security settings etc etc

However this week I have been away on business and have been using my MBP easily with WIFI in two different hotels. So I don't think it's the card in the MBP.

More likely is it has developed a conflict of some sort. We can't be the only people with this problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" white 2.16Ghz, 2Gb ram, 120gb hd
where did you download the 2nd update from? Software update from the apple, and software update or did you go to the apple site and do a combo update?

Are you able to connect to other access points?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.