OCR with Lexmark X5470

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, OS X 10.4.11 1.42 GHZ PowerPC G4, 1GB DDR SDRAM
I've been using PC's since about 1990. My kids grew up on them. My daughter-in-law needed a Mac for school and got this one about 3 years ago. My son insists his next computer will be a Mac. With that in mind, I decided to try one out so my daughter-in-law lent this to me.

The "Switchers Forum" is fantastic! I've learned a lot going through it the past few days. Thanks to everyone who contributed!

On to my problem....

I'm trying to scan using my Lexmark X5470. On my WinXP system I use FineReader, but it's not compatible with anything past Mac OS X 10.3. I need to scan documents into Excel. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Carol
iBook 1.42 GHz PowerPC G4, Mac OS X v10.4.11, 1GB DDR SDRAM

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. I did find that before. It's already downloaded and installed.
I guess I should have been a little more specific. I need a good OCR program that will let me put the data into Excel.

LWC

Reaction score
This probably won't help you but I bought a Lexmark X4850 in January and on the install disc it includes Abbyy FineReader 5 SprintX which works fine under Leopard.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. I'll try to find 5. I have 6 and it won't work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.