Display Question?

Reaction score
I like to use my cinema 23" display at home and attaching the digital cord from my MP Pro to the monitor. However when I close my laptop it goes into sleep mode? I have a wireless keyboard and wireless mouse I like to use instead of the actual display keppad on the MB Pro. Is there a way to turn this feature off so I can close the laptop and use my accessories and view my disply on the cinema monitor? thanks for any help :D

-Drex

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I like to use my cinema 23" display at home and attaching the digital cord from my MP Pro to the monitor. However when I close my laptop it goes into sleep mode? I have a wireless keyboard and wireless mouse I like to use instead of the actual display keppad on the MB Pro. Is there a way to turn this feature off so I can close the laptop and use my accessories and view my disply on the cinema monitor? thanks for any help :D

-Drex

Yes, but keep in mind that the MBP vents much of its heat through the keyboard. So, running it while closed could increase internal temperatures, shortening the service life of some of your components.

Check out Sleepless and and InsomniaX

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Make sure you have "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer" checked in the Bluetooth pane of System Preferences.

Then just click the mouse or tap the keyboard to wake the computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.