30 gigs disappeared!

Reaction score
The latest in my saga. I did an Erase and Install yesterday because I was having some problems. I used Migration Assistant to get as much stuff back from my Time Machine backup but I went from having about 90 gigs (of my 160 gig hd) to 57 available! The weird thing is that I used What Size to measure everything up and it's not adding up. It's telling me I've only used about 60-70 gigs but the Finder is saying 57 gigs available? Anyone have any thoughts on this pickle? Thanks.

Lee

OP
H
Reaction score
Update Alert. I just checked with disk utility and when I did the erase and install it partitioned my hard drive! 90 gigs in one and 50 in another? Why would it do that? I just got all my settings and everything squared away. To repartition it erases everything right?

Should I use CCC and make a bootable copy and then copy it to my internal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Prefer SuperDuper now it is Leopard compatible. It is a free download, however if you become a registered user get the advantage of Smart Backup which is much, much faster.

OP
H
Reaction score
Now I can't use disk utility to repartition my drive? ***! Everything is greyed out. Serenity now...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.